Sunday 7 February 2021

Sunshiny days

 This is the year  of la Nina. Already we have surpassed the average rainfall for the total of our summer months and the hills are oddly green from the recent deluges. Its an odd thing to drive out in to the countryside and to expect the usual browned grassy hills instead lush green. 




I ventured today to pick blackberries. I thought they would be near  the end of their run but found plenty of plump berries ready for the picking.




The road side picking spots may look serene but really are just busy with fast moving traffic whizzing by. Quite noisy . 

I managed to pick 4kg of blackberries before my back decided I had enough. A few hours of cooking jam has left me exhausted and contently I rest on my bed writing to you instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment